Monday, January 3, 2011

Hello 2011

Well friends, I'M BACK! Yes, after over a years absence on this blog - I'm back! Sometimes the Lord takes you away from things for a time of reflection. OR Life happens & you get sidetracked from the things that you love. I love writing. I enjoy putting my thoughts on paper, so to speak. I am much better at that than trying to have a conversation. Usually because when writing you can go back over & edit or rearrange things - not so much in conversations. Many of us would stay out of trouble if we could edit or rearrange the conversations we have. Just an observation from my own experiences.
I am extremely excited about what 2011 holds for my family. We have been praying & seeking the Lord for the past two months regarding changes that we feel need to be made. Things for 2011 look very positive & with the Lord's guidance, changes will take place that will benefit our family. I am in the process of writing down these changes, my personal ones, along with the family ones. Its amazing to look back over the ones from previous years & see how far we've come or how short we fell. This year to try to avoid the shortcomings, we have prayed about these changes & are believing that the Lord has led us to the goals that we have. Going to start a 21 day period of prayer over these specific changes & see where the Lord leads. It may be to keep them, change them or start over completely! Either way, we want the Lord to be in it - whatever it is or turns out to be.
The year 2010 was very full of stuff. Stuff is the only word that will begin to cover it all. It had highs & lows, as all years do. It seemed to have much more stress & difficulties. I'm not sure if that is due to the way our world is, our mindset or being tired. I say tired because some of the things we dealt with (or are still dealing with) relate back to unresolved issues regarding previous errors in judgement. I'm sure none of you have had any of those! LOL The Lord has definitely strengthened our love for one another & Him during these times. But in saying that I feel that we have fallen short in sharing how faithful the Lord has been to us. He has provided words of knowledge, answered prayers, healings, blessings & favor. So this year we have resolved to share more of what the Lord is doing in our lives. Not because it is about us - but about HIS FAITHFUL POWER & LOVE & so that He can recieve all honor & glory!
Today starts the beginning of a wonderful NEW journey with the Lord for our family. There is so much anticipation as we walk down a new road of faith/glory with the Lord. He will take us (as His word says) from glory to glory. I will try to be more diligent in keeping everyone updated on how this journey unfolds. So sit back & enjoy our ride together because the Lord has great things in store for us. As His will unfolds in our lives, we pray that it will be a blessing for you. Love y'all!

Psalm 34:4 - I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. (NIV)
Psalm 34:4 - God met me more than halfway, He freed me from my anxious fears. (MSG)