Tuesday, January 4, 2011

School is Back in Session

Today marks the beginning of school back in session. I am not one of those parents that enjoys this day. As a matter of fact, I seriously DISLIKE it. Sure my (precious - cough, cough) son Douglas can be quite a handful at times but I would rather have him home spending time with me! Sure he needs to learn & all that - blah, blah, blah..... I just truly enjoy him. He likes to make me laugh & sometimes doesn't have to try very hard for that to happen. I miss the days when his sister, Kirsten was here with us. And to go back even farther his big brother, Joseph. And he does too! But we are all going in different directions, spreading our wings & trying to fly, so things must go on. It was quite an eventful start to our day. We were right on schedule (which chould have been a clue of pending problems). Of course Douglas had to make me laugh this morning. Unfortunately he was not trying. He was eating breakfast before we had to leave. I was starting laundry, already had the truck warming up, packed with my supplies for work, my purse, daytimer & his backpack. Then all of the sudden I hear, MMMOOOMMMMMMAAA! I knew things had taken a bad turn. I ran into the kitchen to find that Douglas' cereal bowl for some strange reason had decided that Doug's lap would be a better place than the table to reside! Needless to say, I was trying not to laugh but not successful at it! Still, chuckling now when I think of it again. To Douglas' defense, his arm is in a cast. Well, this little incident changed us being right on schedule. Douglas was tardy. But the alternative was for him to wear milk saturated blue jeans. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! Douglas had a good day in spite of how it started. Thank you Lord.
We are back on track with school. The reading was done, learned our spelling words, science key terms homework done, tests marked on calendar & all before 7:00pm - THIS IS A RECORD! Only because of no math, english, social studies or vocabulary homework! Thank you to those teachers for cutting a Momma some slack tonight. Not looking forward to report cards coming home this week. Douglas is a very good student with a little push (shove) from me to study. Usually it doesn't take long once he trys but sometimes getting to that place is a difficult road to travel. He's a boy. He doesn't want to study. Its not in their nature. He wants to be playing outside, inside or upside down! And to be honest, I wouldn't have it any other way. Sometimes they just need to be children. Not children being forced to act like & make adult decisions! OK, I will step down off my soapbox - SORRY - its a pet peeve.
As today draws to end & the house is quiet, I am thankful that today is over & tomorrow will bring new & exciting things for us. For one, tomorrow is Wednesday & church. I enjoy being with fellow believers. The Lord has been working in our family, speaking to us individually but also together (with the same message). Anticipation & Excitement are overflowing but with a calm, peaceful reassurance that I'm not sure that I have felt before. Its really cool. My scripture verse of Psalms 34:4 is really helping. Thank you Lord for the works you are doing! Well friends, my bed, pillow & blanker are calling & I'm ready to answer. Sweet, Restful Dreams! Love y'all - Good Night

No comments: