Thursday, February 26, 2009

Standing Firm in the Midst of your Storms

Earlier today I spoke with a good friend that I don't get to talk with very often. She is going through some things that are very difficult. God gave me a word to share with her & for some reason I feel that maybe some of you could use it also. If it doesn't apply to your life just tuck it away for future use.

Most of you know the NIV of this verse & if you read it in the MSG it gives you a better understanding.
Ephesians 6:11-13 So take everything the Master has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the Devil throws your way. This is no afternoon athletic contest that we'll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life or death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels. Be prepared. You're up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it's all over but the shouting you'll still be on your feet.

Sometimes its hard to stand firm against the devil. Its also hard to continue to listen to our Heavenly Daddy's voice during those times. Its like trying to listen to the whisper of Heavenly Daddy (HD) when everyone & everything around you is screaming. These things you may know with your head but you also have to know them with your heart or vice versa. This is not always easy to do. I went through a problem several months back that really left me with hard feelings toward people that were supposed to be brothers & sisters in Christ. I couldn't believe that these people would not have considered how this would not only affect me but my children (Momma claws coming out)! I knew that I had to forgive them but how? God showed me several things through this problem. There are times when all of us are human & we act like it! When we have our stupid moments(and we all do), HD forgives us. Do we want him to hesitate when we need his forgiveness. We can't let those stupid moments steal our joy! Our faith & hope is in HD & not people, so.....don't be surprised if people disappoint us. This is where we have to walk out our faith! Keep our eyes on HD & he will see us through whatever the situation. OK this does not mean that it will be easy by any means or that it will happen overnight but if we keep the faith & keep walking the walk, we will be past the finish line and into a new race before we know it. The main thing that helped me was prayer. Asking God to help me to earnestly forgive & take away any hard feelings for everyone involved.

The great news is HD answers prayer!!! It wasn't overnight by any means but it did happen. I'm very thankful because I really love these people more now because of what we've been through!! I hope that this helped some of you. Have an Awesome Evening! AND A Blessed Friday! Love to y'all! Joannie

No comments: