Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Big Day is Almost Here!!!!!

The big day is coming! I'm sure most of you think I'm talking about Thanksgiving or the Iron Bowl! Yes I'm very thankful & ROLL TIDE......BUT....that's not the day I'm looking forward to!! Tomorrow is Friday & my little boy Douglas is coming home! He has been gone to Bear Creek on a school trip since Wednesday & I HAVE MISSED HIM! He is like my other children who can drive me down the street around the corner & to the moon & back!!!! But I've missed him! He is nine, ten next month (Christmas baby-21st)! He is definitely growing up but still has his moments of being my cuddle bug! I've missed my cuddle time! We may only get five minutes a night & sometimes not at all but his laughter & smile have been missed! I don't get cuddle time with my other children anymore---I'm lucky if I get weekly phone calls from some of them. Its OK, don't worry, I understand that they have their lives to live! Its just that they are loved & missed too! Tomorrow will be Happy & Sad! Happy that Douglas is home but Sad because he will have to go to his Dad's house at 6:00. At least I will get a big hug & get to hear all about the cave, snake show & all that stuff! If you haven't guessed by now I love being a Mom! I'm also very thankful that God has blessed me with my children & the newest member of our family---my daughter-in-law--Emily! So tomorrow when your children are driving you down the street, around the corner, & etc..............remember to stop give them a hug, tell them how much you love them & be thankful! Have a GREAT Friday & remember to count all the things you have & not the things you don't have!!! Love Ya'll!

P.S. If you need another reason to be thankful, email me at jspates2005@charter.net & I'll send you the seven wonders of the world........its not what you might think!!!!

1 comment:

Sue said...

I KNOW you are a good mother. Sorry Douglas has to leave for his dad's after being gone.