Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What's your sacrifice??????

Today is a day to honor all the veterans that have served or are serving, as Christians I pray that we do not forget one very important veteran and the sacrifice he made! Jesus Christ paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom! I am very military motivated, I have a son (Joseph) who served in the Marines, father (Donald) who served in the National Guard, 3 nephews who are serving (Eric-Marines, Rob-Marines, Justin-Army), with a lot of friends serving also! I am more than aware of the sacrifices that they have made & their families! I TRULY appreciate the freedoms that we have in America. I understand the sacrifices involved!!!! As much as I understand it, I don't! I can't imagine how God was able to sacrifice his son for us. I remember 9/11 & I remember all the comments that were made by ungrateful people! That didn't understand that because of our military they have the right to speak out & voice their opinions! I wonder if thats how God feels when we are ungrateful & don't accept the freedom we've been offered or don't follow Jesus & his will for our lives? Sometimes God expects us to make a few sacrifices in our lives.......do we?........and do we do it as a priviledge & with a grateful heart? I must confess.....no! I don't like making sacrifices & I pray that God with help me in this area of my Christian walk! Today as we remember all of the people (even the ones we've never met) that have made sacrifices for our peace, security & happiness...............remember the one that gave his life for our FREEDOM! Say a prayer today for all the veterans, their families & thank God for his sacrifice for us! Love Ya'll

No comments: