Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Its Thanksgiving Season

We all have different seasons that we love. These can be the actual seasons or times of the year when special things happen like football (#1 - ALABAMA-yipee!), or Spring (cleaning, flowers, Easter) or my favorite Fall. The trees are full of beautiful colors, football, sweaters/turtlenecks, the smells of apples, pumpkins, clove, & cinnamon, deep fried turkey, sweet potato casseroles, pecan pies(hungry now?) & THANKSGIVING!!! I love holidays-no matter if its just Friendship Day(yes, I consider that a Holiday!). Thanksgiving to me is one of the least stressful of the holidays. There are no requirements but a grateful heart & we should ALL have countless blessings to be appreciative of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love cooking at Thanksgiving. I love trying to get in touch with all the family & friends that I can reach & try to catch up on how their lives are going! Sometimes we get so busy that we don't stay in touch like we really want to. I have always used Thanksgiving to try to reconnect with everyone! There are always wonderful family & church gatherings/celebrations with more food than you can eat in a week. The reason I feel that Thanksgiving is the best holiday is because I have so much to be thankful for. God has blessed me beyond belief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It started before I was born. He chose wonderful parents for me, great brothers & sisters that even though they picked on me (the baby of the family) NO BODY else could. I always felt very protected---not only by my parents but by my siblings also. That feeling has carried over into my adult life. They are always there for support sometimes I have wished that they could or would do more but I've not walked in their shoes so...... God blessed me with 3 awesome children. He lead me through difficult times but only so his plan & purpose could be fulfilled! God put awesome Christians in my path when I wasn't walking with him to show me the way back home. He brought into mine & my children's lives a Christian man who would show us unbelieveable, overwhelming love!!!!!!! That man (Gary) came with a wonderful church & family! These are only a FEW of the things that I have to be thankful for. I would have to give my life story to explain why I am appreciative of all the things in my life right now!! But back to the Thanksgiving holiday, this season makes me specifically, everyday thank God in detail for ALL the blessings, trials, tests, races, etc. The reason that I thank God is because they have made me more thankful & have strengthened, stretched & sustained me in a world that most days feels that its gone mad! So............this holiday be aware of ALL the things you have to be thankful for. Whether your particular candidate wins or looses, God is STILL on the throne, in control & His will......Will be done! If your reading this, I pray that God blesses you/yours this holiday & throughout the rest of this year & into the next!
Love Ya'll

1 comment:

Sue said...

We all have SO MUCH to be thankful for...I take so much for granted and I am thankful indeed for the MANY blessings God has given me. I'm thankful God gave you to Gary (and to us).