Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Gift of Laughter!

A merry heart doeth good! Thank you , Lord for giving us laughter! Today & tonight have seemed like a roller coaster ride! Today was difficult for several reasons. Today was my Mom's birthday & my Mom & Dad's 60th wedding anniversary. YES 60 years!!! I had so many things to handle today that I could not go & see them! My Mom also broke her wrist almost two weeks ago & has not been able to take care of my Dad who is legally blind & almost completely deaf! I wanted to do something special for them but they are difficult to buy or do anything for! After talking with several family members, I decided to fix Thanksgiving dinner for them & take it to them Sunday along with a meat tray & fruit & cheese tray. This way my Mom won't try to cook or do something she really shouldn't!!!!! Then my daughter had a Christmas craft thing at school-almost all day! Then it was time to go buy all the food & try to prepare it for tomorrow. Before I got all of it completed, it was time to go to the Comedy Dinner Theater at church. Gary & I both were in skits! To be honest I was not looking forward to it like I had been all week. Truthfully, I didn't even want to go! THANKFULLY, I went anyway! God gave us the wonderful gift of laughter to make our lives better! I enjoyed the dinner---it was awesome! But the Martins deserve a standing ovation for their work in putting together the skits with various church members (some are quite talented)! I laughed so hard that my head & sides hurt! I needed that break!! Although it was short lived because I have been unable to get my ex-husband to return my phone calls (home & cell) or messages so that I could talk to Douglas! I try to always call & tell them good night, miss them & love them. To me, its like tucking them in before they go to sleep! I'm praying & trusting God to take care of Douglas & that I can talk to him in the morning! Like I said a roller coaster day but sprinkled with a little laughter to help me get through it! Thank you Lord for all the gifts/blessings that you give us----even the ones we fail to see as such! If your day has been like a roller coaster-----think of the corniest joke you know & laugh---a deep belly laugh or just giggle----either way, your bound to feel better!!! Have a GREAT Sunday!!!! Love Ya'll!

No comments: