Friday, November 7, 2008

Do you have good memories?

This time of year is just so much fun to me! It reminds me of good memories that go back (way back haha) to when I was growing up. The leaves we would rake FOREVER! then destroy the piles by playing in them. The beautiful display of colors of all the trees on the Mountain! The fall festivals at school & church. The family gatherings with all that FOOD! Spending time with all the aunts, uncles, cousins you only got to see a couple of times a year. We would laugh, play football, watch football, eat, laugh, play football, watch football & then eat again!! (ALWAYS been a big football fan!) I miss those gatherings! What I miss most is that a lot of those relatives are in heaven! I wish my children had the opportunity to know them! I miss my grandmother-Nanny (my Mom's Mom) most of all! We ALWAYS had the best time at her family gatherings! She made the best sweet tea-Better than Milos!!! Those are special times but I wonder.....will my children look back one day & have fond memories of family times/gatherings/holidays!?!? I guess I'm inspired today to make this Thanksgiving season memorable for my family! I'm looking for suggestions of holiday traditions that you would share with me! We have some for Christmas but I feel that we need some for Thanksgiving! As our family grows, I want our family celebrations to be lasting memories with traditions that are carried on by my children! Any comments or suggestions are welcome! Enjoy your day-TGIF! Love Ya'll

1 comment:

Sue said...

Thanksgiving is one of our favorite holidays because this is when all of Harold's family comes home. It's a time that we look forward to being together. The last year that his mother was alive when we all gathered for the blessing (it's hard to get that many people quiet any other time) she said she wanted everybody to tell one thing that they were thankful for that year. It was a "spur of the moment" thing but very meaninful!