Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm Smiling & Laughing......Are you?

Well you should be laughing! Being the DEDICATED (win or loose) Alabama fan, I'm enjoying all the cute Auburn jokes that are floating around, even passed a few on from my email. But that's not the only reason I'm laughing!?!? I'm laughing because it feels good! Usually when people laugh they also smile----really big smiles! FYI-I love people (even though we're a strange lot) & I'm a people watcher. Because of that, I've watched people----A LOT! When people are talking their expressions vary from frowns, sad faces, tears, confusion, frustration, anger etc but my favorite is a smile or laughter. When you look at someone in Wal-Mart, church, grocery store or bookstores (my hangouts haha) & they smile you smile back or vice versa. My observations are: when almost everyone I've watched starts to smile their whole face lights up especially their eyes. When they laugh you can almost see some of the stress their carrying melt away. Upon discovering this revelation: I've decided that I'm going to try to laugh & smile more & more everyday. And yes I will be telling every corny joke I hear---hey if it makes you laugh, why not! Ok this is not me lying to myself or ya'll that everything is perfect & I can laugh & smile because I'm clueless about things going on around me!!! There is enough depressing things going on everywhere! But what if........each one of us tried to make one person smile & one person laugh each day????!!!! Most people are so busy/stressed or even overwhelmed that they need a bright spot in their day! This sort of goes along with random acts of kindness. Wouldn't you feel better if you made someone's day a little better. There was a movie some years back called Pay It Forward, I cried at the end but the concept was if something good happens to you make something good happen for someone else (pay it forward). Isn't that a form of sharing God's love with others?? Just some more thoughts to ponder.......as your smiling or laughing. Love Ya'll!:>

P.S. Check out these verses while you ponder this: Proverbs 15:13, 17:22, Psalms 126:2

No comments: